Member Login
User Name:

Casey North CISS

Community Information & Support Service

Member Login
User Name:
Suite 1, 90-92 Victor Cres
Narre Warren 3805
Tel 03 9705 6699
Fax 03 9705 6794



A fine is money that you have to pay as penalty for committing an offence against the law including non-payment of road toll fees.

Fines don't go away. You must treat them seriously.

If you believe that you did not commit the offence, you can appeal. Read the instructions sent to you with the fines to find out how. Seek help from a financial counsellor. Refer Financial Counselling section in "Where to go for Help". If you are fined and you do not have the money to pay, you can apply for hardship. A financial counsellor is able to help you with this.

You can ask for more time to pay or you can ask to pay be installment.

Make sure the fine is yours – if not contact the relevant dept straight away.
Pay fines on time
Don’t let charges build up
Call and organise a payment plan if you cannot pay it all straight away
Speak to a financial counsellor for HELP with negotiating outstanding fines.

You should treat an infringement notice in the same way as a fine. If you don't pay, you can be taken to Court and end up with a higher penalty.

If you repeatedly default on your fines, you could be your vehicle wheels clamped or driver licence or motor vehicle registration suspended.

Bankruptcy DOES NOT get rid of fines.